Thursday 20 November
Tamer Hosny - Egyptian movie star and celebrity singer, Carole Samaha – the award winning Lebanese musician and actress, Emirati singer Faiz Al Saeed with numerous hits and Mohammed Assaf of ‘Arab Idol’ fame from Palestine will grace the du Arena stage on Thursday 20 November to serenade fans and entertain race attendees on the first night of the 6th FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX After-Race Concert weekend.
These celebrated artists from across the region will inaugurate an entertainment packed After-Race Concert weekend.
The concerts are exclusively for F1 ticket holders.
Friday 21 November
Get ready for the Friday night After-Race Concert, which will welcome globally celebrated DJ and producer ARMIN VAN BUUREN. The Dutch DJ sensation has created a special, customized show exclusively for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and this ultimate dance party is a once in a lifetime opportunity for all those that will witness it. Van Buuren, ranked number one DJ for five years, will energize the audience with his extensive back catalogue of hits including the recent chart-topper, This Is What It Feels Like. As established lord of trance and the king of the dance floor, Armin van Buuren has taken the No. 1 spot in the DJ Mag Top 100 five times since he hit the stage more than 15 years ago. The Grammy-nominated Dutchman’s success stems from the support of his fans, his dedication in the studio and weekly radio show ‘A State of Trance’ and the energy he brings to crowds around the world.
The first 15,000 UAE-based race ticket purchasers will receive a pair of complimentary invitations to the Friday Armin van Buuren After-Race Concert.
Saturday 22 November
On Saturday, 22 November, the music industry’s current hottest property, PHARRELL WILLIAMS, will light up the After Race Concert Arena with his world famous stage persona and raw talent. Set to thrill the F1 crowd the singer-songwriter, producer and chart-storming collaborator has cemented his status in music history with his most recent hit tracks, the seminal Happy, Marilyn Monroe and Come Get it Bae. Excited fans are sure to fill the concert on Saturday fuelled by Pharrell William’s extensive back catalogue spanning from 2003’s solo track, Frontin’ to landmark features on Snoop Dogg’s Drop It Like It’s Hot, Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines and Daft Punk’s Get Lucky.
Forging his name as a producer in the mid-90s, Pharrell Williams did not change the face of modern pop music but is one of its faces. With hits spanning pop idols such as Britney Spears and hip-hop legends like Jay Z, along with his own solo work and band performances with Neptune and N.E.R.D.S, his presence has been unfading, whether he was in front of a music video or behind a beat. The modern music sensation will be gracing the Abu Dhabi stage as part of his ‘Dear Girls’ world tour.
Sunday 23 November
Bringing the race season and the #AbuDhabiGP to a celebrated and powerful close will be one of rock’s legendary and defining bands of all time - THE WHO. Confirmed as the first official date of the WHO HITS 50 Tour, their debut in the region will see the band take their audience on an ‘Amazing Journey’ through their entire career from the days of THE HIGH NUMBERS to classic albums such as Who’s Next, Tommy, Quadrophenia, My Generation, Live at Leeds up to the present day. WHO HITS 50 will not only celebrate the fantastic contribution The Who have made to musical heritage but also their remarkable contribution to youth culture old and new. Asone of the most influential groups for the American and British scene, the legendary band broke down the door into unchartered rock ‘n’ roll territory. With a Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music, a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award and induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1990, singer Roger Daltry and guitarist Pete Townshend will make their UAE debut on the #AbuDhabiGP
This year, Y1 Access gives F1 ticketholder’s unrivalled privileges over the race weekend as well as discounts on tickets to some of the biggest concerts and sports events Abu Dhabi has to offer.
Buy your 2014 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX ticket now and you will immediately enjoy the Y1 Access package of benefits which include;
- 4 After-Race Concerts: Enjoy four nights of A-list performances at the F1 After-Race Concerts throughout the race weekend.
- Golden Circle Wristbands: Each day, two thousand lucky race-goers will receive an upgrade to the Golden Circle at the F1 After-Race Concerts.
- Thursday Invitations: All F1 ticket purchasers will receive a pair of complimentary invitations to the first night F1 After-Race Concert on Thursday 20 November featuring Arabic stars Tamer Hosny, Carole Samaha, Fayez Al Said and Mohammed Assaf. An invitation does not guarantee entry and is subject to availability.
- Friday Invitations: The first 15,000 UAE-based race ticket buyers will receive a pair of complimentary invitations to the Friday 21 November concert, absolutely free. Kick your weekend off in style with friends or family at a F1 After-Race Concert. An invitation does not guarantee entry and is subject to availability.
- Discounts to FLASH concerts: F1 ticket holders will receive a 20% discount on General Admission tickets for selected FLASH events until the end of February 2015. F1 ticket holders will be contacted with an exclusive password and more details on how to claim their 20% discount.
- Download the full Terms and Conditions
Browse our Entertainment FAQs for more information on about the F1 After-race concerts, Y1 access and the Final Countdown.