Experience the astonishing power of drag racing in the new Chevrolet Camaro SS. Possessing extreme grit on the drag racing strip, you can feel the high-octane adrenaline rush of this car as it runs from zero to 100 km/h in just 4.3 seconds on Yas Marina Circuit’s NHRA sanctioned, purpose built drag racing strip. If you dream of becoming a professional drag racer, you could ask for no better introduction than a session in the Chevrolet Camaro, the choice of drag racers from around the world. Put your skills to the test today.
5 RUNSON 1.2 KM DRAG STRIP
0-100 KM/HIN 4.3 SECS
455 BHPHORSE POWER
6.2 LITREV8 ENGINE
265 KM/HTOP SPEED
MORE CAR SPECS:
- 6 Speed Paddleshift Transmission
- Weight 1700 Kgs
- 618 Newton Meters of torque
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Make your way to the main west entrance (Gate 20) and go to the Drag Strip at Drag Centre.
- We recommend getting here up to 30 minutes prior to the start time for registration. You can park at the Yas Drag Racing Car Park.
- Please wear clothing covering your arms and legs and closed-toe shoes as per the National Hot Rod Association Rule Book.
- On arrival, meet the drag-racing center’s chief instructor for an orientation to safe techniques, then continue to the reaction simulator room to practice your reaction times.
- You’ll learn about the classic “Christmas Tree” signaling system, and get expert tips on improving your timing, an essential component of competitive drag racing.
- Slip into the passenger seat of the Chevrolet Camaro for a first high-speed trip down the track, with an instructor at the wheel to give hands-on instruction about staging, braking zones, and the finish line.
- You’re in control for the second pass, with the instructor riding along to assess your handling and control. If you've made a successful run, you’ll have the remainder of the drag-racing session to drive alone with the instructor connected via radio.
- Your instructor will watch your performance at all times and brief you following each of your five runs.
- Friends and family are welcome to join you free of charge as spectators to your drag-racing runs.