Are you up for some high-revving, rubber-burning actions under the glamorous lights of Yas Marina Circuit? Yas Drag Night provides the perfect opportunity to push the limits of your own car on our NHRA-accredited drag strip in a practice-testing format. Unleash the power of your car or bike in a safe and controlled environment. Yas Drag Night is perfect for testing your acceleration, sharpening your drag skills and having a good time with other drag racing fans in Abu Dhabi. Make sure to check out our requirements below.
Helmets are mandatory for Drag Nights and can be pre-rented in advance of your arrival via our Call Centre 800 927. Own your own Open or Close Face helmet or you can rent (abiding to our strict hygiene guidelines). Our customer service team will assist on your helmet size with a disposable measuring tape.
Residents from other emirates can show COVID-19 DPI test result to receive a credit of 50AED.
1x Crew member is complimentary with each participant.
Novice & Intermediate drivers are welcome to participate.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Yas Marina Circuit has implemented a number of precautionary measures in order to protect visitors and staff alike. We have looked to create a contactless registration process across all of the activities going live.
- We recommend being here up to 30 minutes prior to the start time. Please park your vehicle at the Yas Drag Racing Car Park.
- We aim to provide a positive and smooth customer experience. You will receive an email to complete the driving license and waiver procedures digitally. Our customer service will reach out to guests who fail to upload documents to ensure they do so prior to arrival, this is a mandatory requirement (bookings & document collections will close 1 hour prior to the arrival).
- The Driver Waiver form must be completed before arrival.
- Our security team will perform a temperature check upon your arrival from either West or East entrance of the circuit.
- Please have your ticket order number available. Our customer service team will validate your booking to carry out technical inspection and registration of the vehicle.
- All vehicles must be inspected and approved by YMC scrutineering team.
- Yas Marina Circuit is not responsible to cover vehicle insurance that is driven on the drag strip.
- Once your vehicle has passed the scrutineering check, you will be allowed to race against an opponent and its timed against the clock. Enjoy as many Drag runs as you can within 3 hours.
- Spectators and passengers are not permitted during the initial opening period.
- Participants can book up to either 3 crew or 3 media personals. Please note that it is mandatory to book your crew / media personal in advance
- Saloon, Sport, Trucks, SUV Cars and Sport Bikes are permitted.
- Pro and Street Cars are allowed after passing safety tech inspection
- 4 x 4 cars are not allowed due to safety reasons on the track
- All vehicles should be road worthy and will undergo technical inspection.
- Engine, fuel system, battery and electric connections must be in good condition
- Chassis, suspension and body work must be in good condition. If there are modifications they must comply with NHRA Safety by Time Class requirements
- Lift kit and off-road tires are prohibited
- Car must be clean and completely free of dust/sand outside and inside the chassis. Drivers of any cars which drop sand onto the drag strip will be excluded from further participation
- Electric cars are prohibited.