Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Ticket Sales Top 50% Mark
More than half the tickets for November’s Formula 1TM Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix have been sold within four weeks of going on sale – ahead of target and holding out the possibility of another sell-out event
More than half the tickets for November’s Formula 1TM Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix have been sold within four weeks of going on sale – ahead of target and holding out the possibility of another sell-out event.
Tickets went on sale globally on 28 April and 55% had been sold by yesterday (Monday), with the bulk of buyers to date living in the UAE and Europe. The 20% discount on grandstand tickets expires on 31 May, so race-goers are being urged to get their bookings made before the end of the month.
“We’re delighted with the way ticket sales are going,” said Richard Cregan, Chief Executive Officer of Yas Marina Circuit, which will host the race on 11-13 November. “This is turning out to be an incredibly exciting Formula 1 season, and I think we can expect a thrilling race at Yas. We still have tickets available in all the grandstands, but they are selling fast. Now is the time to buy, before people find their preferred area is no longer available.”
The 2011 Formula 1TM Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix offers three ticket categories:
Grandstand ticket: These tickets are priced at AED 1,800 for two days and AED 2,000 for three days, unchanged from last year, with the same pricing for all seats. The 20% discount until 31 May means these tickets are currently selling at AED 1,440 and AED 1,600 respectively.
Premium “Category 1” tickets: Available at AED 4,250, also unchanged from last year, these three-day tickets offer the chance to enjoy balcony seating, air-conditioned lounges with food and beverage service, and complimentary parking.
Paddock Club tickets: Starting from AED 16,900, these prestigious two- or three-day tickets enable race-goers to enjoy a full VIP experience.
Tickets are available from these outlets:
- Online: www.yasmarinacircuit.ae
- Call centre: 800 YAS (927)
- Selected Etihad Airways shops
- Virgin Megastores across the UAE and GCC
- Yas Hotel on Yas Island
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi YMC kiosk
- Yas Marina Circuit ticket booth in Marina Mall, Abu Dhabi
- Yas Marina Circuit ticket booth in Dubai Mall
- Sebastian Vettel takes the chequered flag to win both the 2010 Formula 1 EtihadAirways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and The 2010 FIA Formula one World Championship
- Sebastian Vettel holds the winner’s trophy aloft, flanked by runner-up LewisHamilton and third-placed Jenson Button on the podium after the 2010 Formula 1Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix