Offering Freestyle Drift Championship with an open invitation for all drivers across the region to come down and show off their skills at going sideways.
Yas Marina Circuit is pleased to offer Freestyle Drift Championship with an open invitation for all drivers across the region to come down and show off their skills at going sideways. The street racing special is also open to spectators who can watch all the action and smell the burning rubber from the sidelines.
The first event of three will take place on the Vehicle Dynamic Area at the home of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and will see drift cars from across the GCC battle it out in front of local motor sport enthusiasts. Featuring two separate categories (Nissan Patrol VTC and Land Cruiser), the top drivers will be eligible to win cash prizes on the spot.
Gates open at 6pm, with the action kicking off from 7pm. As well as enjoying the drifting action spectators can also take advantage of a number of delicious food trucks to keep you full of energy.
Our Vehicle Dynamics Area guarantees a safe and supervised venue for drift and car enthusiasts to show-off their skills, and is the only location in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah where you can legally perform freestyle drifting. So, don’t miss out on this opportunity to test your drifting skills against friends and the rest of the city’s most talented street drivers, and see if you have what it takes to be King of the Freestylers.
When it happens
|Round 1||16th Feb 2018|
|Round 2||16th Mar 2018|
|Round 3||4th May 2018|
at Yas Marina Circuit, Vehicle Dynamic Area
What it costs
AED 60 for spectators, AED 60 for crew members and AED 650 entry fee for participants
Rules and Regulations
- All Vehicles must go through technical inspection
- All Drivers should have valid driving licenses.
- Each participant must pay a security deposit (to be determined by management) and in case of disrespect of any law, the security deposit amount is non-refundable (Final decision taken by referees)
- Maximum 2 Drivers are allowed to use the same car, but each in different category
- Passengers are strictly prohibited
- 3 members only in the Stewards committee and they have the right to calculate the points and deiced the driver’s penalties including driver’s withdrawal from the tournament. The Stewards committee members are chosen by the head of sporting department
- Each competitor has the right to object to the committee decision formally by writing & paying a AED 1,000 then head to the tournament director to protest against the decision. The money will be refunded when objection was true. Verbal objection is not acceptable
- All drivers must attend the compulsory drivers briefing, sign the waivers form and wear defined wristband. Failure to attend the briefing may result in exclusion from the event.
- Each car is allowed for one drifting show, based on that the points will be counted.
- 4 minutes for each car, in case the driver extended for more than 4 minutes , then the insured amount will be refunded.
- All drivers must wear helmet with full cover cloth and full covered shoes: No shorts, No sandals and Kandoora all allowed
- The tournament divided to TWO different categories: Nissan Patrol & Toyota Land Cruiser. Pickup vehicles are not allowed to participate
- The tournament times will be allocated to each of the above mentioned categories
- In case the competitor didn’t exceed 1 minute and 10 seconds on the track, and there were some technical issues in the car, he has the right to exit to repair it.
- The counting of the 4 minutes will start once the driver crosses the start line (in red)
- Drinking alcohol is strictly prohibited before the tournament, otherwise the driver will be withdrawn.
- Organizers have the right to withdraw any competitor or members in case of breaking any rules, without any explanation given