PEDAL WITH POGACAR
Saturday 23rd October / 8am-12pm
Open to everyone, from the experienced rider to budding young cyclists on training wheels, UAE Team Emirates and ADNOC are offering the community a chance to ride alongside the reigning Tour de France Champion, Tadej Pogacar, and his teammates in a one-off exclusive event in Abu Dhabi.
Competitive crit races will start from 8.30am and from 10am, the track will open up for a FREE community family ride along with the team. Coaching clinics will also be held by the Emirati squad for non-cyclists and young beginners.
This community event is free and open to everyone over the age of six with no pre-registration required. For the race element, there is a nominal AED 55 entry fee and pre-registration is required.
* All participants will need to show a green Al Hosn pass to enter the venue and a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours of entry.
AND TRACK MODIFICATIONS
Track configurations are:
- 12 July – 3 October: North Corkscrew
- 4 October – 9 November: North Circuit
* Dates are subject to change due to extensive track modifications
HEALTH AND SAFETY
We have enhanced all of our activities at the circuit to operate under a number of government agreed guidelines. We ask all visitors to abide by the following directives and if you have any questions and for more information, please contact our customer service on 800 (YAS) 927.
Around Yas Marina Circuit:
- Temperature checks will be carried out on entry to the circuit
- Face masks to be worn at all times unless on the track itself
- Participants must maintain social distancing at all times (Further details available on site)
- Further specific questions relating to each activity, please contact our customer service on 800 (YAS) 927.
- Children under the age of 13 should not be left unattended and need to be accompanied by an adult at all times.
IF YOU ARE ANY KIND OF CYCLIST, RUNNER OR TRIATHLETE, OR JUST LOOKING FOR SOMETHING ACTIVE TO DO WITH THE KIDS ON A TUESDAY EVENING, I CAN HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FREE ACTIVITY IN ABU DHABI.
TWICE A WEEK THE TRACK IS OPEN IF YOU WANT TO WALK IT OR CYCLE IT! I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY OTHER TRACK IN THE WORLD THAT DOES THAT. SIMPLY FANTASTIC!
GREAT WAY TO EXERCISE IN THE COOL OF THE EVENING.