PROUD PARTNER OF ETIHAD AIRWAYS - WINNER OF THE 2022 ENVIRONMENTAL AIRLINE OF THE YEAR AWARD
WORKING TOGETHER - CHANGING THE WORLD
The men and women of Yas Marina Circuit, global leaders in public events & motorsports, recognize our responsibility to ensure ethical delivery across all facets of our venue and are deeply committed toward working together to build an environmentally conscious organization that spreads far beyond the circuit walls.
- Our policy and approach to sustainability is aligned with the National Climate Change Plan of the United Arab Emirates 2017 - 2050. Discover more through the Ministry of Climate Change & Environment.
FIA 3-STAR CERTIFICATION
As the exclusive operators of Yas Marina Circuit - Home of the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, we are pleased to have been awarded the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA) 3 - Star Certification, in recognition of our environmental performance & commitment to sustainability.
- The FIA 3-Star Certification represents the highest level of accreditation & achievement by the governing body of motorsports.
- We invite you to click the link to discover more about FIA
INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED BY UNSCA
Building upon the prestigious honors of FIA 3-Star Accreditation, Yas Marina Circuit recently signed a pledge as part of the Net Zero Initiative from the United Nations Sports for Climate Action, aligning to achieve the goal of Net Zero Greenhouse Gasses & Emissions certification by 2040.
- Midterm target to reduce greenhouse gasses & emissions by 50%, by 2030
- Awarded ISO 14001:2015 certification for Achievement in Environmental Management
- Awarded ISO 20121:2012 certification for Achievement in Events Sustainability Management
SUSTAINABILITY AT THE CIRCUIT
At Yas Marina Circuit - Home of the Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, our goal is to advocate for climate action and continuously pursue sustainable solutions - to set an example that others may be inspired to follow.
- 18,000 plastic bottles are 'upcycled' each year through our partner, DGrade: Producers of Greenspun™ clothing, creating the uniforms for Yas Marina Circuit's incredible employees.
- In proud partnership with Porsche, electric vehicle charging stations are available throughout Yas Marina Circuit
- Upcycle & Repurpose: All across the iconic grounds of Yas Marina Circuit, tires and oil drums are upcycled into sustainable goods, including furniture.
EXCITING NEW ADDITION: SUSTAINABLE ENERGY
We are dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint while offsetting Yas Marina Circuit's total energy consumption. In partnership with Emerge: A Masadar & EDF Group Joint Venture, 5,795 meters squared of solar panels located on thr grounds of Yas Marina Circuit, soon to be completed in August of 2023, will generate 1,506.70 kWp of clean energy across the venue.
- Estimated 1,000 + CO2 reduction annually.
- Equivalent to the annual energy use of approximately 200 homes.
CREATING A BRIGHTER FUTURE
A brighter tomorrow begins today, and Yas Marina Circuit is proud to be at the forefront of sustainability. We've partnered with Farnek, industry leaders in smart & green facility management, to convert Yas Marina Circuit's lighting to LED fixtures.
- 3,914 LED fixtures - a major reduction from previous totals
- 4,500 kw of energy - a 32% energy reduction annually
- Embodied Carbon reduction of 31%
- 29% reduction in diesel consumption
- LED Lifespan of 120,000 hours - 24 times longer than the lights they replaced!