PROUD TO PARTNER WITH ETIHAD AIRWAYS - WINNER OF THE 2022 ENVIRONMENTAL AIRLINE OF THE YEAR AWARD
ETIHAD AIRWAYS ECO-PITSTOP
Did you know you can reduce 250 kg of carbon dioxide from the air we breathe, simply by recycling one plastic bottle this race-week? In partnership with DGrade, The Etihad Airways Eco-Pitstop reverse vending machine allows guests to exchange plastic bottles for a seed voucher to plant a tree in the Etihad Mangrove Forest, located at Jubail Mangrove Park, right here in Abu Dhabi.
- In partnership with DGrade, recycled plastic bottles will be spun into thread, which will be used to make sustainable clothing - including the Yas Marina Circuit uniform!
- Each mangrove planted will absorb up to 250 kg of carbon dioxide
- Located in Main Oasis
YAS GO GREEN: THE POWER OF SOLAR
This year, Abu Dhabi Hill will harness the power of the sun with its very own solar panel farm - providing clean, sustainable energy to the entire fanzone.
ABU DHABI HILL INITIATIVES:
- Teach & Demonstrate - Square Foot Gardening
- Upcycling WorkShops - Creating Sustainable Works of Art
- Farm to Track- Locally Sourced UAE Farmer's Market
SUSTAINABILITY PAVILION AT WEST OASIS
More than a monument to this year's goals and achievements, the #AbuDhabiGP22 sustainability pavilion is the perfect place to educate on ways to reduce our carbon footprint, while paying tribute to all of our celebrated partners and their green contributions.
- Visit West Oasis to Check Out Initiatives from our Proud Partners
- Yas GoGreen - A Showcase of Yas Marina Circuit's Green-Solutions
- Sustainable activations located in each Oasis
- Astroturf and track elements upcycling
- The use of biofuels and recycled oil
PARTNERING UP TO GO GREEN
'Teamwork makes the Green-work,' and so we've joined-up with some of the best sustainability partners in the industry to reuse, recycle, and repurpose materials to improve the #AbuDhabiGP's carbon footprint.
- DGrade: Producers of Greenspun™ clothing -including our staff's uniforms -made from recycled plastic bottles.
- ADNH Compass: Offering solutions to food & cooking oil waste. For 2022, we anticipate over 4,000 liters of oil will be recycled into biofuels.
- Palmade®: UAE-based company reducing plastic waste through biodegradable cutlery.
- Basatin Landscaping: Sustainable landscape solutions tailored to each client's needs & requirements.
- Farnek: Lowering Yas Marina Circuit's energy consumption by converting to LED lighting, while also focusing on reducing water consumption.